From the New York DAILY NEWS:
It’s wedding bells for Rush Limbaugh – for the fourth time.
The conservative firebrand, 59, will exchange vows Saturday in Florida with Kathryn Rogers – a blond bombshell half his age – in a lavish Hawaiian-themed wedding bash headlined by none-other-than Sir Elton John.
Original DVD cover
(The guests, top to bottom: Mark Levin, Sean Hannity, Michelle Malkin, Ann Coulter, Laura Ingraham, Gretchen Carlson, Neil Cavuto)
Filed under Ann Coulter, Ben Romney, Gay rights, Homophobia, Homosexuality, humor, Laura Ingraham, Media, Michelle Malkin, movies, parody, politics, radio, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, snark, Wordpress Political Blogs
A new Suffolk University poll released Thursday shows GOP Senate candidate Sharron Angle surging to the front of the pack in a close race for the Republican nomination for U.S. Senate in the Silver State’s GOP primary.
“The ‘Tea Party Express’ endorsement of Angle has energized her effort to rise from relative political obscurity to flat-out front-runner,” said David Paleologos, director of the Suffolk University Political Research Center.
Original movie poster
Filed under Democrats, Guns, Harry Reid, humor, movies, NRA, parody, politics, Republicans, Senate, snark, Wordpress Political Blogs
From POLITICS DAILY:
Arizona Governor Jan Brewer finds herself under scrutiny after telling a newspaper that her father “died fighting the Nazi regime in Gemany.” In actuality, Brewer’s father, Wilford Drinkwine, passed away from lung disease in California, ten years after World War II had ended.
Brewer’s comments were made to The Arizona Republic [actually, it’s The Arizona Guardian] newspaper, and came as she was discussing her state’s polarizing new anti-illegal immigrant law, which the governor signed into law last month.
“Knowing that my father died fighting the Nazi regime in Germany, that I lost him when I was 11 because of that… and then to have them call me Hitler’s daughter. It hurts. It’s ugliness beyond anything I’ve ever experienced,” Brewer told the paper.
It’s not the first time Governor Jan told slightly exaggerated stories about her tragic childhood. Did you know she wrote a book about it?
Original book cover
Filed under Barack Obama, Comic books, comics, Democrats, humor, Immigration, parody, politics, Republicans, snark, Wordpress Political Blogs
There’s no one who wants this over more than I do. I would like my life back.
—Tony Hayward, BP CEO, May 30, 2010
Here are developments in the Gulf of Mexico oil spill, the largest in U.S. history:
* After BP Plc (BP.L) said the complex “top kill” maneuver to plug its Gulf of Mexico oil well had failed on Saturday, it is moving to the next option — the lower marine riser package cap, which will capture oil from the well rather than plug it.
* Government scientists estimated that cutting the riser pipe coming out of the blowout preventer to prepare for the next containment option could result in a temporary oil flow increase of up to 20 percent.
* The huge oil slick from the gushing well could threaten the Mississippi and Alabama coasts this week, driven by moderate southerly and southwesterly winds, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration said.
* The NOAA forecast was a sober reminder that oil from the unchecked spill, broken up and carried by winds and ocean currents, could threaten a vast area of the U.S. Gulf Coast, including Florida, as well as Cuba and Mexico.
* President Barack Obama met on Tuesday with the co-chairs of a commission he set up to investigate the spill, former Senator Bob Graham and former Environmental Protection Agency chief William Reilly. Obama vowed to overhaul U.S. laws and regulations governing offshore drilling to prevent a repeat of the catastrophe.
* Attorney General Eric Holder said the Justice Department has launched a criminal and civil investigation into the spill and rig explosion that killed 11 workers. The FBI is taking part.
The hell with all those polite investigations. I want it to look more like this…
Original DVD cover
(left to right: Tony I’m-Wearing-Rand-Paul’s-Hair Hayward, William No-I’m-Not-Bob-Newhart Reilly, Bob Graham, Eric Holder, Coast Guard Admiral Thad Allen)
Filed under Barack Obama, Democrats, FBI, Florida, humor, Justice Department, Mary Landrieu, movies, parody, politics, Republicans, snark, Wordpress Political Blogs
From the Los Angeles Times:
DeVore, Fiorina actively court ‘tea party’ vote
Chuck DeVore says he’s created a ‘huge reservoir’ of volunteers, but he’s stuck at 16% in polls. Carly Fiorina, who’s rising in polls, says she does not intend to cede conservative activists.
In a year when the imprimatur of the tea party swept Scott Brown to a Senate victory in Massachusetts and helped Rand Paul knock off the establishment Senate candidate in Kentucky — both DeVore and Fiorina are actively courting tea party support.
Original movie poster
Filed under abortion, Barbara Boxer, California, Constitution, Democrats, Florida, Gay rights, Harry Reid, humor, movies, parody, politics, Republicans, Sarah Palin, Senate, snark, Wordpress Political Blogs
From The State:
COLUMBIA, S.C. — The four Republicans running for governor of South Carolina support drilling for natural gas off South Carolina’s shores and pushing the federal government to remove nuclear waste from the state. But they have different views on the type of oil exploration that has led to the massive Gulf oil spill.
Four-term U.S. Rep. Gresham Barrett, two-term Lt. Gov. Andre Bauer, three-term state Rep. Nikki Haley and two-term Attorney General Henry McMaster all say natural gas reserves off South Carolina’s coast could be an economic boon to the state and help the country become energy independent.
Original DVD cover