It’s kinda sad that there are so few Hanukkah specials out there. There are, of course, some great ones to choose from like the The Rugrats Hanukkah episodes, the Even Stevens Hanukkah special, or even An American Tale. And yes, if you wanted to, you could include the Adam Sandler animated movie Eight Crazy Nights. But there just aren’t that many specials dedicated to Hanukkah as there are for Christmas.
That’s why this year the Hallmark Channel decided to try and tackle the lack of Hanukkah movies, and apparently they failed spectacularly at it.
Original straight white Christmas image
Filed under 9/11, Anti-Semitism, Christianity, Christmas, House Intelligence Committee, humor, Jesus, parody, politics, Republicans, satire, snark, television, Wordpress Political Blogs
From THINK PROGRESS:
For months, conservatives have led a hateful campaign against the expansion of a local Islamic center in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. This campaign has been endorsed by high-ranking Republicans such as the state’s Lt. Governor, Ron Ramsey, who last month, speaking to a group of Republicans in opposition to the mosque, wondered aloud whether Islam was a religion or a “cult” and fearmongered about the mosque trying to bring “Sharia law” to America. Earlier this year, Lou Ann Zelenik, a GOP congressional candidate in Tennessee, campaigned against the Murfreesboro mosque, arguing that it posed a threat to that state’s “moral and political foundation.”
Now, the local press reports that the police are investigating a case of arson that occurred at the construction site of the mosque Friday night:
Original DVD cover
From Miami New Times:
The male escort hired by anti-gay activist George Alan Rekers has told Miami New Times the Baptist minister is a homosexual who paid him to provide body rubs once a day in the nude, during their ten-day vacation in Europe.
Rekers allegedly named his favorite maneuver the “long stroke” — a complicated caress “across his penis, thigh… and his anus over the butt cheeks,” as the escort puts it. “Rekers liked to be rubbed down there,” he says.
Original DVD cover
Filed under Baptists, Christianity, Congress, Family Research Council, Gay rights, Homophobia, Homosexuality, humor, Larry Craig, Mark Foley, movies, parody, politics, Republicans, Scandals, snark, Wordpress Political Blogs
Congressman Lloyd Doggett, Democrat of Texas:
To help cover huge medical bills in Bastrop, Texas, they hold a Main Street pancake supper, an American Legion auction. Essential health care shouldn’t depend on the kindness of strangers, the goodness of neighbors, and certainly not the just say “No” of Republicans or the weak tea parties brewed up by the insurance lobby.
Now, belatedly, they offer a scheme as skimpy as a hospital gown. They do nothing to help seniors. Their proposal is inefficient, ineffective, and wasteful. Masquerading as reform, their bill authorizes insurers to continue denying coverage for pre-existing health conditions, such as acne or a C-section. Republican obstructionism has, itself, become a giant pre-existing condition to any meaningful change.
This is a typical old time Republican medicine show–do a little for 5% of the uninsured, do nothing for the other 95% and leave the portion of American families uninsured largely unchanged. The only thing they propose more of is more insurance policy loopholes. Freedom? The only freedom they offer is the freedom to go broke from medical debts – the leading cause of personal bankruptcy.
Original album cover
(left to right: John Rent-a-Baby Shadegg, Joseph My-Ass-Is-Teabagger-Grass Cao, Michele Batshit I-Got-Lei’ed Bachmann, Eric The Token Cantor, John Boohoo Boehner)
Filed under abortion, Barack Obama, Catholicism, Congress, Democrats, Henry Waxman, humor, Joe Wilson, John Boehner, Louisiana, parody, politics, Republicans, snark, Wordpress Political Blogs